Now that Facebook has grown to be the most popular online destination for user in the world, more business large and small are actively reaching and engaging customers through Facebook.
Small Business Owners in The Bahamas should follow suit.
Depending on your business and your social media goals, setting up a facebook business page can be a smart move that can allow your business to achieve excellent results.
Here are some reasons why you might want to include Face Book in your business marketing strategy.
1. Your Customers are here
Facebook is the most popular social media destination with over 600 million users world wide. There are over 150,000 Bahamians on Facebook. With that many people, I’m sure some of your customers and potential customer are already there.
Digg Deeper: Find out why your business is already on Social Media, even if you didn’t put it there!
2. Your competitors might already be here
More than 1,500,000 businesses have created a Facebook page and are engaging their customers daily. This may be significantly less for the Bahamas. But do you want to wait until your competitors set up shop or do you want to be one of the first there?
3. Its easy to create your business page
Face book walks you through the simple process to create your business page. You don’t need any technical expertise and you can do it yourself. See my article “how to create a facebook page for your business”
4. Its easy to promote your business on your facebook page
Have a coupon or special? Want to announce a change in your hours or a new policy? It’s very easy to update your facebook page with information. Facebook allows you to share all kind of information; links from your website or any other site, upload pictures, share videos or just type in information.
Tip: Read Case Study on How Social Media Helped Local Business Reach 6 Figures in Sales
5. Facebook pages are public
This means that anyone can find your page even if they don’t have a Facebook account or are your friend on facebook. if someone goes to google and search for something related to your business in The Bahamas, Your business page may be the first to show.
What you need to know about Facebook pages
- You need to have an account on Facebook in order to create a facebook page
- Your Facebook page will be tied to your personal profile and you will appear as the admin of your page. however only facebook knows the connection exists
- You can have an unlimited number of Facebook pages
- You can have an unlimited number of fans (facebook users who “like” your page)
- You can add additional admins
- All admins have equal rights to administer your page, including adding and removing other admins (choose with care!)
To get a sense of whats possible for your own Facebook page, look at a variety of examples in your own industry and related industries. After viewing several successful pages you will have a better idea of what your page should look like.
Do you have any additional questions you want answered about why you should create a facebook page for your business?