This is one of the first questions I ask potential small business clients that contact me about online marketing.
The responses are remarkable similar; Usually they’ve done some flyers, handed out business cards, are in the yellow pages and ran newspaper ads.
Such was the case when I spoke with a recent client in the draft printing business. They had recently changed locations, business had slowed to a crawl and they desperately wanted /needed to attract more clients.
This client had run newspaper ads and when I asked him how did it work out, he just gave this little sad head shake and said nothing. Later on in the conversation he reveal that ads could cost $200 – $300 per day.
Can you relate to this client? Do you need to reach more clients, have you tried running newspaper ads but haven’t seen the kind of results you’d like? Advertising is a major challenge for local businesses.
Can You Measure your Print Ads?
But after the meeting with my potential clients, I really started to question whether or not newspaper ads are worth it.
Sure thousands of people buy the paper everyday, but I have a few questions;
- How do you measure the effectiveness of your ads?
- Do you know how many persons saw your ad?
- How many read it, or just glanced and kept going?
- How about their age, where are they located, what gender are they?
If you can’t measure these things, how do you know if your ad is performing? You don’t! So you’re basically spending money blindly.
Why do businesses advertise on Radio, Television and Newspapers?
The answer to the above questions is obvious; Because thousands of people listen, watch and read those channels every single day!
Which is the main reason the owners of those channels can charge businesses thousands of dollars (and businesses gladly pay) to show their products in hopes that those people will see the ads.
I know most local businesses don’t understand social media and probably believe several social media myths. But the reality is that Facebook Ads and Traditional Ads are all based on the same principal.
Large Audience + Your Ad = Customers
Thousands of people are using the internet each day. They log on to social media sites like Facebook and they have their emails forwarded directly to their phones. And the best part is that social media and email are wayyyy more affordable than traditional channels.
So that begs the question; why aren’t you using these online channels to reach your customers?
7 Benefits of Facebook Ads
Facebook ads are one of the most powerful ad platforms anywhere in the world. I will share several benefits of FB marketing with You;
- Reach More People – There are over 165,000 Bahamians users and 1 Billion worldwide users on FaceBook.
- Targeting – save money by targeting people who are more likely to buy your product
- Ads Run 24/7 as oppose to newspapers that are in circulation for a few hours each day
- Facebook Ads are more dynamic (the way I do them)- you can include a ton of different options
- Measurable – you know exactly how many people saw your ad and clicked on your ad
- Social Context – users can see if their friends liked an ad. People are more likely to respond to your ads if they see their friends have already done so.
- Viral capability – users who see your ad can share it with their friends, who can in-turn share it, leading to a possible viral effect
Here’s the bottom line;
Facebook ads offer a lot of advantages for local businesses. As a business owner or marketing manager you have to seek out ways to maximize your advertising dollar.
Even if you don’t feel comfortable putting your business hopes on the internet, and lets face it you’re probably not, You owe it to your business to explore the option. Facebook Ads in conjunction with traditional marketing can be an extremely powerful combination.
Whats stopping you from using Facebook Ads To Attract More Customers and Increase Sales?